Now Recruiting: Typesetters & Redrawers

Hey all, just a quick status update!

Now that end-of-semester crunch time is over, we’re finally making some good headway on MM32 and 33. However, we’ve found ourselves a little short-handed as of late, and as such, some new positions are open!

Typesetter

We’re looking for a dedicated typesetter to stay with us for the long term and help do lettering on MM. TF has agreed to help out, but seeing as she’s been increasingly busy, we’ll need some extra help to get things out quickly.

Send an email to translatoranon@gmail.com , or pop into #prettyanon@irc.rizon.net and talk to AnonBlack or fckyeahlamia for more information. Experience is preferred but not necessary, just be willing to learn and listen to critique.

Redrawer

We’re looking for one or two more redrawers who can help get signs and text over images redrawn fast, so typesetting can proceed smoothly. You can click here to check out our sample images. The second one is pretty difficult, and if you can’t redraw it, that’s fine, but if you’re confident you can handle work similar to the redraw in the first image, we’d love to have you!

Again, send an email to translatoranon@gmail.com , or pop into #prettyanon@irc.rizon.net and talk to AnonBlack or fckyeahlamia for more information.

Also, in regards to rumors about us and the anime:

• We have no plans to subtitle/translate MM. God knows we’re behind on this enough already.
  • Subtitling groups are more than welcome to use our scripts as the basis of their translation for the anime. However, make sure you cross-check them with the dialogue, as it probably won’t be 100% the same.

69 comments
  1. Pyro said:

Thank you for the update 🙂 and no worries life happens.

Stay thirsty my friends and we’ll all enjoy “hopefully” the anime as it comes out.

• Katsu said:

will too! but only if its aired on At-X channel:P

• loser_man said:

No son, no animes. I don’t care how many people want it. Animes are like copious amount of work and you have to do it in several amounts of colors. No animes. You just put too much work for yourselves and the consumption are like monsters man! No animes. You got good fiction going on here, don’t let it spoil suddenly like a bubble. No pressure, no pressure. Don’t worry about hollywood, it will surely end, hahaha!

• Yosumarainesu said:

Is this a joke or something? I don’t get it.

2. ChaosSorceror_Davidicus said:

No probs and keep up the good work, save for any future April 1st events. Those you can keep to yourselves. 😛 (Tho I am a tad saddened by missing the action myself.)

• Katsu said:

Don’t be am still traumatized -_-

• ChaosSorceror_Davidicus said:

NOW I’M EVEN MORE SADDENED! D:

3. John Doe said:

Since you’re looking for a new TS,I take it Tarage has left?

4. Pain E said:

Considering the huge impact of the anime announcement, I’m pretty sure sub groups will jump at the chance to translate/sub it.

5. Prinnyleader said:

Thanks for the update! Just one question, will you guys also be translating the Bonus stories/chapters that appear sometimes with the normal Chapters? I have seen some of those around the internet but a lot of them are not translated so I feel like we are missing a lot of funny things.

6. Katsu said:

No need to worrie about the anime getting subbed;) this is the type that more than 1/2 of the Subs group nation will pick up;)

• MysticX said:

Yeah, monster-girl-mania is in full force by now, groups will be lining up to fansub “Monster musume”.

I hope so, anyway… 😛

• ChaosSorceror_Davidicus said:

That’s just a theory! A MONSTERGIRL-THEORY!

• Laarix said:

All this Monstergirl mania rampaging in the US too makes me wonder…
          What would happen if it reached Hollywood? :V
          There sure would be material for a TRULY interracial love story! xD

• Matt said:

hey we put up with the women through their vampire/werewolf fetish now its our turn

• Katsu said:

hehe good point:P

• ChaosSorceror_Davidicus said:

And lets not forget that movie about falling in love with a ZOMBIE of all things. :I

7. Laarix said:

Am i terrible at finding any new raws of 12 Beast or did Okayado stop drawing it? All i can find is the raws for chapter 10 which have been on the net for at least a few months.

• Df said:

That manga is lincenced in EEUU so nobody is doing scans or translations.

• Laarix said:

So EEUU means America but it’s not like there’s only the states in the world. It looks a bit strange if noone in the entire world does any scan anymore just because it has been licensed in the states. Also i believe it was licensed around chapter 9 and i have found the chapter 10 raws so i believe it may be some other reason for which i can’t find new chapters.

• Df said:

Yes I know, but that id the reason that I read in internet.

• Katsu said:

meh give it time, not all scans groups are wussy. Btoom! was liscence and its still getting Translated. patience is the best Motto.

8. Katsu said:

ummm Is this place on Hiatus? or am i just getting impatient? o.O

• wolfy said:

You’re just being impatient. The latest announcement -said- that real-life commitments had been finished (for the time being, naturally) and they had started digging in on 32 and 33. And they are short-staffed again.

Given that it usually takes them about a month to finish a chapter when they are on-track and fully staffed, i would’nt expect anything until the end of this month, at the earliest.

Of course it could come sooner and that’d be great, but i wouldnt count on it.

• Janos said:

fyl said that they’re working on 32/33 and they may do a double release

• Katsu said:

oh ok:P

• Matt said:

its never a double release. He’s obviously gonna finish 32 first and then post. he’s not gonna delay it anymore so he can release 33 at the same time. I mean he’s already two months behind

9. Djr7 said:

sent email regarding re-drawer

• Yosumarainesu said:

Well, that was… I can’t understand what’s going on at all. I’ll just wait (patiently) for the english release.

• Bebeo said:

Oh ! So hyped ! thanks for the link bro 😀 I know that it will be good, yep no doubt about it, i’m already riding the rainbow :3

• Yosumarainesu said:

What? It’s private…

• Mavado said:

They re-uploaded for some reason.

If that one goes down, just search for “Monster Musume” or “モンスター娘のいる日常” and look through the latest uploads.

• gekkokid said:

i hope the song is the theme song….cus…it sounds …so awesome…XD

10. Setsura said:

The promo…so beautiful.

11. Klonder said:

Rejoice brothers for the promo has gone out!

12. MAX said:

ppppprivate

• AJ said:

Gotta say this looks really good! Can’t wait to see it

• Pyro said:

An english translation of this is up over at Batoto

13. Woodensword said:

How did the Koreans get to it before us!?

14. Matt said:

I kinda expected Miia to sound like, Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière, but less bitchy.

15. ChaosSorceror_Davidicus said:

I’m sure this has been posted already, and I’m most likely a day late and a dollar short, but:

Our virus is spreading, gents. +.+
    Looks pretty good, hopefully will keep to being more than just a fanservice anime. The humor is one of the biggest selling points for me in this series. I love it because it is so crazy. I can’t wait to unleash this on my two gay friends, always trying to shove their gay furriesm down my throat. I think it is time for revenge! Hilarious “breeder” revenge! 😀 (Note: I have nothing against gays or furries, but they do shove it in my face a lot. Kekekek.)

• Matt said:

this is monstergirl not furry

• ChaosSorceror_Davidicus said:

To be blunt, I fail to see the difference, but their strike zone is pretty wide, and I know one of the two likes Orcs and dragons and whatnot. As far as I can see, a snakegirl is fundamentally the same as a foxman and a dragonman and whatever have you.

16. Jötunn said:

Chapter 33 is up on Batoto translated by another group. Hope they continue translating since this group obviously don’t giva a s***.

17. Ben said:

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know if you have a ETA for the next chapter? been checking your website for the last 2 months three times a day.

PS. Great work and keep it up

18. Jötunn said:

And chapter 34 on Batoto translated. A bit annoying that 32 isn’t out yet, but it might be that it comes from group-don’t-care within a few years.

• Yosumarainesu said:

Dude, just be grateful they are translating this series for you. The staff here all have real life problem too. Even the translator here, (Translator-Fag a.k.a anonblack) get a real official translating job from an official company. You can’t expect them to work on this project 24 hours 7 days a week. And they took longer to release because they wanted to make a quality release. If you are wondering about their progress, chapter 32 is finished and fyl has posted in on 4chan, albeit they still yet to do a quality check so they aren’t ready to release it yet. If another english translation have come out (like chapter 34 you said earlier) then go ahead and read it if you want. Just don’t b*tch about it here, saying that this group doesn’t care anymore. I can understand if you’re getting a little bit impatient, but please don’t leave negative comments. It wouldn’t make the staff work faster. Instead, it will break their mood.

• Yosumarainesu said:

Sorry, if I got a litle too far and offended you. I got carried away.

19. fyl said:

To this day, all of your posts in the comment section on this site were complaining and telling us to drop the series, exaggerating and wanting other groups to pick it up.
    Nothing else.

THANK YOU for posting on this website.

• fyl said:

Earlier message was in response to Jötunn.

• Yosumarainesu said:

Just wondering if anything happened. I checked the scanlation group that posted ch33&34 on batoto. And the comment section regarding them is filed with… Let’s just say they’re not pleasant to read. I hope it’s just a baseless gossip though. Did something happened? :/

• fyl said:

It’s one guy (or maybe group) who keeps trying to piss us off or try to ruin our reputation or (now) projects.
          I’d love to keep the drama off of this website, so I won’t go further into detail.

We need to fix a few mistakes in chapter 32 and then it’ll be released today (Sunday).

After that we’re going to start redrawing and typesetting chapters 32 and 33 and release them later.

• fyl said:

Chapters 33 and 34 of course.

• lolno said:

Well at least now we know which person is you raging on /a/ and batoto anonymously. Face it – it’s not just one person at this point and there is no conspiracy among your detractors. You simply are getting called out for being slow as shit.

Not that it matters. You’ll never approve this comment on this hugbox of a comment section.

• fyl said:

Keep it to /a/.

• fyl said:

Or better: keep it off this website.

20. Jötunn said:

OK, let me first offer my apologies to the people on this site that I have offended. Secondly let me offer two explanations (not excuses) for my sour comments.
    1. I have been involved in many volotary projects of a much more serious nature than translating and have seen them fail just because of the participant not taking it serious since they weren’t getting paid. Let’s just say that things like this pushes my buttons. 2. I suffer from depression and while beeing rather harmless I do turn into a real grinch when my medication is adjusted.
    In short (yeah right) I do love Monster Musume, I am sorry for offending you and should I post more sour comments (motivated or not) just see them as the ramblings from someone who is not allways in full control of his temper.

• Yosumarainesu said:

It’s cool bro. No hard feeling.

21. Wario1987 said:

Keep up the good work guys, I won’t read any chapter as long as it is not released on this page!

• AJ said:

I second that with Wario. I think you all do an amazing job.

22. wolfy said:

Well, there has been time’s when i caved to the MonGirl thirst and scanned thru raws. Think i read another group’s turbo-trans release of some chapter once, but was extremely disappointed w/ the quality.

And i also admit to getting irritable during the earlier period of this project (thinking that the group had either fallen apart or dropped it, and not bothering letting the fans know. It was during a period of MAJOR delay and no updates) and i went to redhawk to try and get them to pick it up.

So i understand the frustration of waiting all too well. But this group really does do the best release, and they’ve improved their fan communication so i’m happy to wait.

I also encourage you all to buy the offical releases. #7 is coming out in aug 😉

• Raukcaran said:

I think the general consensus is: We’re not going to stop as long as we remain legally unmolested. Sure, sometimes shit happens and we’re busy for months, but we’re not gonna stop just because “eh, we don’t feel like it”. Even if speedscans get ahead of us. So, no need to run to another scan group again 😛